Commission plans timeline for Wisconsin recount

Stein, De La Fuente to pay for recount by Tuesday
Alice Vagun

The Wisconsin Elections Commission outlined the plan to conduct a statewide recount for the presidential election Monday.

According to a statement, Former Green Party Presidential Candidate Jill Stein and Former Reform Party Presidential Candidate Roque De La Fuente need to submit payment of nearly $3.5 million to the commission by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. The county clerks expect to hire temporary workers to assist the county boards to recount the ballots.

Stein and De La Fuente’s campaigns submitted a recount petition Friday afternoon to the WEC.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2016/11/27/wisconsin-recount-efforts-to-begin-monday/

They expect to finish the recount by 8 p.m. Dec. 12 to certify the results by the deadline.

In a second statement, under federal law, it is required to solve election disputes within 35 days of Election Day, which is Dec. 13.

In the statement, the WEC said it will be a challenge to complete a recount of three million votes in less than two weeks. They said they will need to put in extended hours throughout the next few weeks.

Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell said in a tweet that Dane County will be hand counting the recount.

https://twitter.com/samcdonell/status/803330362894155781