Madtown Crier: Week of Feb. 20

Need a study break? Here are some ways to avoid studying this week

We all love spending hours at College Library studying for midterms, right?

WRONG.

Below is a list of activities and events to participate in this week instead of studying 24/7.

Learn to skate with Outdoor UW

You may have noticed the mini ice rinks on Lake Mendota outside the Union. Those do, in fact, serve a purpose. If you have never ice skated before, or simply need a refresher, join Outdoor UW staff Tuesday night for a lesson in ice skating. 

Jesus Christ Superstar

The award-winning musical Jesus Christ Superstar will be coming to the Overture Center this week and celebrating its 50th anniversary.

The musical is a rock opera based loosely on the life of Jesus Christ. It opens Tuesday and runs through Sunday. Tickets are available on the Overture website. 

WUD Film presents: Nope

If you haven’t attended a WUD film presentation yet, this is the week to try! This zero-cost, high-reward experience features “Nope,” Jordan Peele’s more recent movie since “Us” and “Get Out,” released last year.

WUD film will be screening “Nope,” Saturday, Feb. 25 at 9:30 p.m. at Union South.  

Femmestival

Femmestival is an annual event in Madison featuring food and art from women, femm and non-binary entrepreneurs.

The event will be at the Garver Feed Mill this Sunday, Feb. 26 and is free to attend. Attendees can purchase food at the festival.