ASM spring elections begin

Hayley Cleghorn

For students who may have missed the annual changing of Facebook profile pictures and Bascom Hill chalking, spring elections for the Associated Students of Madison began Monday and end Wednesday at 5 p.m.

ASM is the student government of University of Wisconsin and advocates for student issues on campus.

The spring elections will elect 12 representatives for the College of Letters and Science, six representatives for the Student Services Finance Committee, the senior class president, the senior class vice president, the senior class secretary and the senior class treasurer.

A matrix to view the candidates is here.

Some candidates proposed changes such as creating a tuition cap, ensuring that finals are not scheduled for Sunday mornings and making sure no student has to take out a student loan to pay for college, though the matrix does not ask how candidates plan to implement such things.

Other candidates proposed changes such as making campus more inclusive for all students, regardless of race or sexual orientation, advocating for sexual assault prevention and improving mental health services.

Students will need their NetID and password as well as their campus ID number to vote. Students can vote online here.