The Student Services Finance Committee met Monday to elect its new chair, vice chair and secretary. These new officers will oversee the 26th session of SSFC.

The committee elected Jordan Pasbrig unanimously as chair, since he was the only nominee.

Pasbrig spoke about his involvement with the Associate Students of Madison, as well as his passion for finance and his commitment to viewpoint neutrality.

ASM representatives elect remaining leadership positionsThe Associated Students of Madison Student Council elected remaining leadership for the 26th session Sunday. According to an ASM press Read…

Newly elected ASM chair Laura Downer spoke about SSFC’s responsibility and their importance on campus. Downer said this past session has been the most impactful she’s seen. She said SSFC’s rejection of the University Health Services budget brought collaboration between SSFC, ASM and university officials to improve mental health care on campus.

Downer also endorsed Pasbrig for chair of SSFC.

“He has probably the most in-depth and well-rounded understanding of this university of any student I’ve ever met,” Downer said.

SSFC passes recommendations for UHS budget, calls for more mental healthcare providersThe Student Services Finance Committee approved the Wisconsin Union 2020 budget and passed their University Health Services 2020 budget recommendations Read…

Two candidates sought election as Vice Chair: Iris Huang and Tessa Reilly. Huang is the former secretary of SSFC, and said her experience with the organization and her dedication to the committee would make her an effective vice chair.

Reilly said her experience in high school student government and her internship with the Wisconsin Conservation Voters would provide her with a significant background to succeed in the position.

Downer endorsed Reilly for the position.

“I am confident in her ability to work collaboratively,” Downer said.

Reilly received a 7-5 majority of the votes and was elected vice chair.

SSFC passes 2020 segregated fee allocation, approves new rules for budget returnsThe Student Services Finance Committee approved the 2020 segregated fee appropriation and new rules for General Student Services Fund budget Read…

Rep. Grace D’Souza nominated herself to the position of secretary, and since there were no other nominations, she was elected unanimously.

SSFC also swore in several new members and elected the positions of Student Transportation Board Representative, Rec Sports Representative, Union Council Representative and University Health Services Representative.

They will not meet again until the fall 2019 academic year.