Two attacked outside Lucky’s Bar

Two 21-year-old Madison residents suffered injuries after being attacked outside Lucky’s Bar on Regent Street early Saturday morning.

According to a Madison Police Department statement, one suspect in the case, Jason Siebecker, 19, of Mauston, Wis., has been arrested for alleged battery, resisting and underage consumption of alcohol.

The victims said they apologized after accidently bumping into two men as they walked out of the bar and were not looking for trouble, MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said.

“The words evidently fell on deaf ears as they were attacked by the two men,” DeSpain said.

DeSpain said both victims were allegedly punched in the head and knocked to the ground, causing an injury to one of the victims that resulted in the need for multiple stitches to close a cut near an eye.

A responding officer was able to identify one of the suspects after the victims and other witnesses said the suspect was wearing black and white striped overalls, according to an MPD statement.

“The suspect ran, but not fast enough, as the officer was able to tackle him near the corner of Regent Street and Randall Street,” DeSpain said.

DeSpain said the suspect claimed not to know the name of the other person he was with.

Ald. Mike Verveer, District 4, said he was not surprised the attack occurred outside Lucky’s Bar given the very busy weekend in Madison and the huge number of people downtown.

“This assault occurred due to intoxication and outright stupidity,” Verveer said.

Verveer said he is pleased one suspect has been arrested and remains hopeful the other suspect will soon be identified.

Siebecker was taken to the Dane County Jail on a tentative battery charge.