At-large suspect flees East Towne U.S. Bank after robbery

Madison police are investigating a bank robbery Monday evening at the U.S. Bank on East Towne Boulevard, a police report said.

According to the police report, a white male between 30 and 40 years old passed the bank teller a note demanding money and stating he had a gun around 4:18 p.m.

Sgt. Bernie Gonzalez said the suspect never displayed his gun to the teller or anyone else in the bank during the robbery. There were no injuries, he said.

The suspect fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash, Gonzalez said.

The suspect is described as dark haired, with a beard and mustache. He was last seen wearing a brown stocking cap, sunglasses, black scarf, tan work jacket and blue jeans, the report said.

Robbery Suspect 2-3-14

According to the report, the suspect left the crime scene after obtaining the cash in a maroon four-door sedan, similar to a Chevy Malibu or Impala.

Gonzalez said Madison police has the suspect’s license plate number, but there are no leads as to who this suspect is at this time.

Anyone with information about the suspect is encouraged to contact the Madison Police Department, Gonzalez said.