Skrillex rescheduled indefinitely

Skrillex-adoring ragers packed away their glowsticks with disheartenment tonight, when the up-and-coming electro-dubstep artist came onstage at the Majestic Theatre to announce that due to a computer failure he would not be able to perform his sold-out show.

Opening for Skrillex were DJs 2PercentMulq and Radish, who played for several hours while their headliner tangled with experts at the Apple Store to fix his crashed laptop – to no avail – containing every piece of his music prepared for the show.

Madison concert-goers have been hooked on Skrillex since he opened for Deadmau5 at the Alliant Energy Center last fall, perhaps even before, so to say the least this rescheduling has come as a rueful disappointment.

Majestic Owner Matt Gerding confirmed that all tickets purchased for the Thursday concert will be honored for the new date, as all but two tickets were purchased online and can be verified with purchasers’ e-mails.

The theater is currently working with Skrillex’s agent to set that date – he hopes to see a finalized date within the next 24 hours. Until then, fans can only hope the Deadmau5 protege has learned to utilize an external hard drive.