Win or lose, we still booze: UW down six spots in Playboy ranking

University falls six places, still parties hard
Joey Reuteman

Ain’t no party like a University of Wisconsin party, but Playboy doesn’t think so.

Riding the momentum of being ranked the 11th best public school by U.S. News and World Report, Badgers can also rejoice being ranked Playboy’s eighth best party school, down six spots from a second place ranking last year.

After placing third in Princeton Review’s 2015 version of the list, University of Wisconsin is no stranger to being recognized for its nightlife. With Revelry Music and Arts festival gaining popularity after its second year and the reviving of the Mifflin Street Block Party, Playboy cited the events as two of many that Badgers enjoy during the year.

Mifflin Street Block Party makes comeback

The criteria used for the rankings are based off of access to musical performances and the campus’s surrounding nightlife, as well as the university’s party atmosphere.

UW campus welcomes students with a wide variety of activities – whether it’s a movie at Union South, a Night at the Overture or hopping from one of the city’s many bars to another, there is something for everyone.

Madison’s annual Halloween celebration, Freakfest, also often draws attention to Madison’s sometimes freaky nightlife.

Who the f*** is playing Freakfest?

If students are looking for places where they can see visiting artists, Majestic Theater, Alliant Energy Center and Orpheum are perfect options with artists like SZA, Disclosure and Mac Miller performing within the next month.

Must-see shows of fall 2k15

And with Badger football kicking off their season, students can also look forward to Saturdays filled with game day festivities, cheese and a post-game nap that’ll carry students through whatever weekend plans they may have.