TV-less editor utilizes Hulu, anticipates strong performances in autumnal episodes of ‘Parks and Recreation’

NBC has a promising quad of comedies coming up this season: Community, 30 Rock, The Office and Parks and Recreation. Of these, I’m sad to say I only faithfully watch the latter two.

That said, I am most looking forward to see what Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) and the rest of the Pawnee crew have to offer my late-night Hulu binges. The show left off with the tragic demise of Lil’ Sebastian in its third season, but I anticipate this round of episodes to provide far sunnier, and perhaps funnier, fare.

First, we have the introduction of Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman)’s first ex-wife Tammy One – information about which has heretofore been exceedingly elusive, aside from her supposed ability to scare Tammy Two (Megan Mullally, Offerman’s real-life spouse) shitless. Contrary to Offerman’s adamant hopes, the role will not be played by Oprah Winfrey – as awesomely unexpected as that would have been. Instead it will be actress Patricia Clarkson (even if you don’t recognize the name, you’ve seen her in “Jumanji”).

Almost as exciting as Ron Swanson’s mustache, which has inspired fan sites like catsthatlooklikeronswanson.tumblr.com, is the personality of Leslie Knope. Even though Amy Poehler fell short of the Emmy for Best Lead actress in a Comedy Series, she nearly stole the show (awards show, that is) from “Mike & Molly”‘s Melissa McCarthey; that spontaneity is sure to transcend to her continued interpretation of Knope’s whimsically competent character.

Leslie is running for city council, which I think will prove to be a great jumping-off concept to begin a new season – much better than the haphazard initial pretense that “The Office” has chosen. A new boss, and a pregnant Pam and Angela, are measly straws “Office” writers have grasped at in attempts to get the ball rolling this fall.

To contrast with Swanson’s rapid beard growth, we have a cute new haircut on the now-married April Ludgate (Aubrey Plaza, “Funny People,” “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World”). Plaza’s portrayal of April comes off like the dark-haired, less-artistic twin of Margot Tenenbaum – and I can’t wait to see how her character continues to develop in the fourth installment of the show. And let’s not forget hit singles like “Sex Hair” that are sure to come from April’s husband, Andy (Chris Pratt), and his band Mouse Rat (formerly Scarecrow Boat).

Lin thinks he’s the only one around here that can make a “That’s what she said” joke. In response, I will merely say that viewers should think long and hard before they put their faith in “The Office” this season.