Man arrested in connection with W. Mifflin Street armed robbery

Police arrested Kendredge Dillard early Thursday morning in Illinois, in connection with an armed robbery that occurred on the 500 block of West Mifflin Street on Wednesday, Madison Police Department spokesperson Howard Payne said.

Payne said police are investigating if Dillard may have been involved in any of the other recent armed robberies in the area.

“A big part of this investigation is to see whether or not he may have had involvement with other people we may be interested in,” Payne said. “It’s not just about him. We think there’s an umbrella of information that we have to really associate and correlate to try to find any and every one who could have had connections with the robbery crimes that have been going on.”

Payne said the police have looked at upwards of 25 cases since the beginning of the year, and have been compiling data on all of them.

He said the key is to find the link or pattern between all of the cases.

“What [police] have been attmepting to do is draw connections if at all possible among those [robbery] cases in terms of how they occurred, where they occurRed, and what times of day,” Payne said.

According to the police report, the suspect robbed the victim at around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. The report said the suspect fled the scene with electronics stolen from the victim.

Payne said Madison police thank Illinois’ law enforcement for their help.

“We are very appreciative of the authorities down there in Illinos, in picking up that we were looking for him,” Payne said.