100state extends memberships to ‘brick-and-mortar’ businesses

Firm also plans to launch streaming service for entrepreneurial workshops
Courtesy of Matt Nelson

Madison’s entrepreneurial firm 100state will allow small business owners to build their businesses collaboratively with other firms.

100state — a co-working space downtown inhabited primarily by tech startup companies —  announced the initiative to provide low cost membership packages for small businesses Dec. 5, as well as a new sponsorship deal with CUNA Mutual Group and plan to develop a video streaming platform in collaboration with Field59, 100state Executive Director Gregory St. Fort said.

100state’s collaboration with Field59, St. Fort said, will develop a new streaming service called 100live, which will be used to livestream events and workshops taking place throughout Madison, and serve as a platform for videos centering on entrepreneurship, creativity and learning.

But the big decision to offer 100 small businesses memberships at 100state, St. Fort said, is an effort to expand the community of firms at 100state.

“We want to extend our community a bit and give the same opportunities to businesses of all types,” St. Fort said. “With this new membership, we’ll get to expand a bit and bring more like-minded people into our community.”

100state already hosts a few small businesses with storefronts off-site. St. Fort said these businesses have benefited from the brainstorms and collaboration offered by the coworking space.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2015/11/30/dane-arts-and-100state-overcome-skepticism-to-bring-together-artistic-entrepreneurship/

One of these businesses, Flux Mopeds, has been operating partly out of 100state for years and will be the first recipient of the firm’s new membership deal for small businesses, St. Fort said.

Membership at 100state has helped Flux Mopeds greatly, Flux Mopeds cofounder Matt Brueggeman said.

“Membership at 100state has benefited us because it has given us access to a group of very smart and energetic entrepreneurs who have assisted us and believed in our business,” Brueggeman said. “It’s nice to be able to attend 100state’s brainstorming sessions and have access to their resources, specifically on the event planning and PR side.”

Becoming a member at the highly reputed 100state provides small, unknown firms with the credibility they need to succeed, Brueggeman said.

Further, Brueggeman said the ability to work with more than 200 other firms in an open space allows newer firms to draw on the expertise of others in order to develop.

“Collaboration is a huge key factor in being a member of 100state,” Brueggeman said. “We all benefit when we benefit each other, and there are a lot of opportunities we wouldn’t have access to if it weren’t for 100state.”