Communion Music to showcase up-and-coming artists at Frequency Wednesday

Last month, The Frequency began a series of concerts called “Communion Night” as a way for concertgoers to explore their musical interests. The concerts, which will take place monthly, provide audiences with exposure to countless rising artists and a variety of genres all at once. The Frequency will be hosting another installment of Communion Night presented by Majestic Live, Communion Music and 105.5 Triple M.

For those of you unfamiliar with Communion, a little background information is necessary. Communion is a record label—founded by Ben Lovett (Mumford & Sons) and Kevin Jones (Bear’s Den)—that serves as an independent platform and promotes new artists through live music. They let artists develop music at their own pace and then release their singles. Artists who have worked through the Communion include Gotye, Ben Howard and Michael Kiwanuka. In addition, the record label produces a yearly compilation with the new musicians.

Communion sets up monthly Club Night Series, such as the one being performed this week at The Frequency. With each series, the label selects a group of five to six up-and-coming international and local artists to perform live. This week, Communion Music will be presenting the following artists: Tennis, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Savoir Adore and On an On. They’ll be accompanied by local artists as well.

Make sure to check out Savoir Adore on Wednesday. Inspired by bands such as MGMT, Phoenix and The Cure, Savior Adore recently released an album, Our Nature, which is a narrative chronicling the chaotic love affair between a girl and a monster. During their tour with Communion, they hope to reach others with their current and previous works and expose audiences to excellent and interesting music.

“It’s a great way for the audience to get exposed to new styles,” Savoir Adore said.

The band also said it’s a wonderful experience as an artist to travel, tour and collaborate with other musicians. The duo hopes that their upcoming concert at the Frequency “gives first-timers a taste of the bigger picture of what we do” and provides the audience with “curiosity to check out our music as well as the other artists on tour.”

So check out Communion this Wednesday at the Majestic. You’ll be supporting up-and-coming artists while enjoying good tunes. That’s a win-win situation if there ever was one.