With finals looming, remember to take a break and join in the holiday festivities. Whether you’re ready to brave the cold or stay in for a cozy activity, these events provide a fun escape from school.

Check out these events this weekend on campus and around Madison. All of the following are free and open to the public.

• The Heritage Habitats Exhibition by Ginger Owen-Murakami and Vicki Vanameyden will be displayed at Union South from Dec. 7 until Jan. 25 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Elements an Exhibition by Greg Gregson will be on display at Memorial Union from Dec. 7th until Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • The annual Holiday Fantasy in Lights will be at Olin Park from 4 p.m. until dawn until Jan. 1, 2019.

Free, forthcoming events to spice up this weekendThe temperature has reached below freezing and most students’ stress levels have hit their maximum. Take some time this weekend Read…

The following free events are only available this weekend.

Friday, Dec. 7

Your guide to free events this weekend: Take your mind off approaching finalsEase into the impending stress of finals by attending a free, fun and unique event on or nearby campus this Read…

Saturday, Dec. 8

Your guide to free events this weekendWith fall semester in full swing, take time to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts. It won’t be long Read…

Sunday, Dec. 9