Cute, stylish coats to get through tail end of Wisconsin winter

Different styles of winter coats because cold does not mean fashion must be sacrificed
Pexels

As the weather in Madison gets warmer and warmer, it is time for us to take off our bulky down jackets and try some more fashionable coats. Here are some different colors and styles of coats you can confidently strut across campus in despite the frigid weather.

Classic dark tones

I think darker-colored coats can always fit with all types of clothes and styles. So, the first color I would recommend is definitely black. If you are very tall and want a cool style, then I think coats in the left picture that are longer than your knees or even a little above your feet will look great. But if you are not tall enough, you can wear black coats in the right picture that are above your knees, making you look taller and skinner.

Pinterest
Pinterest

What to pair with dark tones

Besides black, gray and navy, other dark-color coats can also make you look stylish and keep you warm. Inside these coats, you can wear light-colored turtleneck sweaters and suit pants. But if you think it is not comfortable enough for a school outfit, then you can also match coats with hoodies and jeans, just like the left picture below.

Pinterest
Pinterest
Pinterest

Camel coats

One of the most recent and popular colors for coats is camel. Someone once said, “The camel coat is an essential piece in every woman’s wardrobe this season that works for just about any occasion.” Also, camel coats have many different patterns and shades. Lighter-camel coats makes people more energetic and can pair with skirts and dresses in spring. In contrast, darker-camel coats bring more maturity and fit more in winter with jeans and pants.

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pop of spring colors

Since spring is coming soon, it is also recommended to wear some brighter-color coats. For example, pink and sky-blue coats are actually suitable for students because they can make us look younger and more vigorous. As shown in the pictures below, it will be even better if you match the color of your light color coat with your shoes.

Pinterest
Pinterest

Coco Chanel once said, “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” So, it is important to remember that maintaining your own stylistic image does not have to be so stressful. Once you find the right coat for you, the rest of your winter wardrobe should be a breeze!