Games to fall in love with this February

This month’s video game rundown will have you head over heels
Owlboy Official Game Website

If you’re looking for a way to spend this month, there’s no need to look further than the extensive list of new video games on the way. A date on Valentine’s Day would just keep us from all these awesome new games, so who needs one anyway?

Video gaming offers new, exciting way to educate children, researcher says

Many of the high profile releases for this month are remakes or sequels to already established properties, but that is often a good thing. Our first feature, Shadow of the Colossus – released Feb. 6 — brings back the PlayStation 2 classic. The player roams around the world in search of giant beings to destroy to save the person he loves. Shadow of the Colossus is highly recommended as the somber atmosphere, engaging story and innovative gameplay made the original a classic.

Nintendo is also set to release remakes of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for the Nintendo Switch Feb. 16. These games brings a bizarre story — over the top visuals and tight game mechanics  to Nintendo’s newest console.

February will also give way to some independent titles, bringing new and innovative ideas at a lower budget and price point. The most recommended of these is Owlboy, a game originally released for the PC but is now coming to all major consoles due to its high popularity.

Owlboy is classic and beautiful, with a pixelated graphical style paired alongside a charming, engaging storyline about a team of unique characters. A masterfully atmospheric and heartwarming score, bridged by gameplay mechanics which never stops building on themselves, makes the game worth checking out Feb.13.

Your Weekend Entertainment: The siege of a lifetime

The last game to look out for this month is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, an intriguing title originally funded by a Kickstarter campaign back in 2014. After being delayed from 2016 into 2017, and from 2017 into 2018, the game finally releases Feb. 13. With the scope the developer Warhorse Studios has decided to pursue with their first game, the delays are unsurprising.

The game takes place in 15th century Bohemia, formerly part of the Holy Roman Empire. The story compares closely to other high fantasy titles, but without magic. The player character is a blacksmith who’s unable to read and barely able to hold a sword. The character is completely unremarkable. The name of this game is realism, with a beautiful world and a focus on historical accuracy.

An interesting blend of old and new, February brings a wide array of new gaming experiences to the table, so don’t be afraid to stay in this Valentine’s Day to sit back, relax and enjoy a good game while eating pink and red M&Ms in bed.