Hitlist: Need some bounce in your step to class? Walk to this playlist

If you didn’t do it right the first week of school, start next one off strong with these upbeat tunes
Photo Courtesy of Giphy User Comedy Central

It’s the time of year when students frantically flock to their first classes of the semester.

Whether you’re trying to decipher the mess that is Humanities, make the hike to Animal Sciences or lift your mood during a short walk, music is a must. Struggling to find that perfect playlist to put a bounce in your step?  Look no further, because The Badger Herald’s Hitlist has returned.

The playlist opens with Vic Mensa’s “Down On My Luck,” a funky house mix of synth and quick rhythm. By the end of the song, you may or may not be skipping.

Next, be a “Pedestrian at Best” — see what we did there? — by jamming out to Aussie rocker Courtney Barnett’s hit tune. Something about the melody makes you feel like a badass. Transition into BØRNS’ “Past Lives,” a cutesy song that also leaves you feeling positive as hell.

Now, amping yourself up for class can’t come without the classics. Break out “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC to feel like a legend. At this point, you’re hoping everyone else can hear the searing guitar through your headphones. Next, dance on the street with “Kill V. Maim” by a Herald favorite, Grimes.

Assuming perhaps you’ve already made it to class, but can’t bear the thought of removing your headphones? Simmer down with three tunes that are still upbeat, yet also perfect studying music with STRFKR and Saavan. Last but not least, we return to BØRNS with “Electric Love.” This playlist should leave you grinning right in time for that bell.

Welcome back, everyone!

https://open.spotify.com/user/12586694/playlist/19to9HlThL1QceRLS8C4vC