Hit a wall? New stuff to supplement your entertainment tastes

If you dug …

“South Park,” you’ll dig “The Book of Mormon” – Made by the same crassly comical creators of Comedy Central’s “South Park” TV show, “The Book of Mormon” is a largely hilarious religious satire in musical form. The Broadway production has already won nine Tony Awards, and presents many of the same themes with poignant vulgarity as seen on “South Park.”

“Touch of Grey” by The Grateful Dead, you’ll dig “Santa Fe” by Beirut – Found on Beirut’s latest album, The Rip Tide, the instrumentation of “Santa Fe” is easily recognizable to Deadheads as similar to that of “Touch of Grey.” Fans of either band will appreciate the melodic peacefulness of “Santa Fe,” and will be able to envision the arid beauty of the Southwestern city for which it was named.

“Still Not a Player” by Incubus, you’ll dig “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes – If it hasn’t already, “Stereo Hearts” is soon to hit number one on the charts. When Incubus remixed the original song by Big Pun and Joe, it gave the track just the melodic change-up needed to make “Still Not a Player” an awesome, listenable song – just the same type of magic that Adam Levine brings to “Stereo Hearts.”

“Exit Through the Gift Shop,” you’ll dig “The Parking Lot Movie” – After seeing street artist Banksy’s Oscar-nominated documentary feature “Exit Through the Gift Shop,” non-fiction film enthusiasts were left looking for more. “The Parking Lot Movie” just might fill the void, as it appeals to American culture and at the same time provides a cast of characters as thought-provoking as Banksy’s Thierry Guetta. And, it’s on Netflix Instant Watch.

“Paper Planes” by M.I.A., you’ll dig “Go!” by Santigold/Karen O. – Anyone lucky enough to be familiar with Santigold’s first album, Santogold, has been going through the stages of post-acute withdrawal ever since. Years later, there’s finally a fix – in the form of her 2011 single “Go!” with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ frontwoman Karen O.