Not so easily forgotten:

Pete Yorn exudes the kind of quiet sexiness that makes men want to be him and women want to sleep with him. From his scruffy three-day-old beard to his relaxed T-shirt and jeans style, Yorn has the soulful singer-songwriter look down cold.

And well he should. Yorn has been linked to a variety of hot Hollywood actresses from Winona Ryder to Minnie Driver, and his critically acclaimed debut album, musicforthemorningafter, was lauded as the perfect post-coital CD by magazines across the country. His raspy voice has drawn comparisons to Bruce Springsteen and Ryan Adams, and when paired with his trademark sensitive lyrics and melodic disillusions on love, it is easy to see why Yorn is such an indie favorite.

His much-anticipated second album, Day I Forgot, was released Tuesday, and it is clear that Yorn will remain a cult favorite for a long time to come. Much like musicforthemorningafter, Yorn’s latest album combines soothing vocals with infectious guitar hooks, resulting in an album perfect for studying, relaxing and even lovemaking.

Though not every track on Day I Forgot will leave the listener aching for more, the CD does maintain a steady listenability that makes it an ideal accompaniment for quiet days and late nights.

Stand-out tracks such as “All At Once” and “Crystal Village” perfectly capture the spirit of indie-rock and will definitely bring to mind former loves and forgotten relationships.

The first single off the album, “Come Back Home,” is actually one of the weaker tracks on the CD, and should not be used as an example of what Day I Forgot has to offer. The cutesy lyrics and flimsy melody of “Come Back Home” are a paltry comparison to the heartfelt tone of the rest of the album. Tracks such as, “Pass Me By,” “Long Way Down” and “So Much Work” are much better examples of Yorn’s remarkable singing and songwriting capabilities.

My definite favorite from the album, “All At Once,” is guaranteed to make you hit repeat over and over due to its beautiful instrumentation and wistful lyrics.

As a whole, the CD feels like the soundtrack to a typical college student’s life, and listening to it may inspire late-night coffee house visits and languid Sundays spent in bed. The only low points of the album are the disappointing tracks “Carlos (Don’t Let It Go To Your Head)” and the lamely titled “Burrito.”

“Carlos…” interrupts the smooth flow of the rest of the CD with its jarring electric guitar riffs and digitalized sound. Equally lame, “Burrito,” is just as dumb as its title may suggest, with Yorn crooning off-key about Mexican from the 7-11.

Despite these missteps, Day I Forgot is still a pretty good album, chock full of the sort of lazy guitar and smoky sounds one might expect a college student to enjoy. Definitely worth a listen or two.

Grade: B