Fall TV Preview

It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year for TV fans. Late September marks the arrival of the networks’ newest entertainment offerings. Unfortunately, as a busy college student, it can be tricky to tune into all the new TV season’s hits and misses. Hopefully this guide will help you figure out which shows are worth cramming in to your busy schedule.

If you like: “Revenge,” “Scandal,” “Dallas” or “Gossip Girl”

You should watch: Betrayal (ABC, premieres Sun Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. CDT)

Because: This hour-long drama follows a married photographer who begins an affair with a powerful lawyer, but her new lover is defending a murder suspect who is being prosecuted — by her husband! Tune in to see which side she takes and how messy things will get. This drama is sure to include plotlines featured in the similarly-titled “Revenge” and “Scandal,” and a large cast of characters with interwoven storylines like those on “Dallas” and “Gossip Girl.”

If you like: “Fringe,” “Vampire Diaries” or “Supernatural”

You should watch: The Tomorrow People (CW, premieres Weds Oct. 9 at 8 p.m.)

Because: This new sci-fi drama follows a group of international young people who have mysterious talents. They’re kind of like  a younger group of X-Men but with less crazy superpowers. The group comes together to make their powers even stronger and fight against evil global forces. This remake of the 1970s British series is definitely worth checking out if you’re a sci-fi fan.

If you like: “Parenthood,” “Glee” or “Modern Family”

You should watch: Welcome to the Family (NBC, premieres Thurs. Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m.)

Because: This dramatic comedy follows two families brought together by their teenage children’s interracial relationship and unplanned pregnancy. The show stars Mike O’Malley (best known from the sitcom “Yes, Dear” and playing Kurt’s dad on “Glee”) and Ricardo Chavira (Carlos from “Desperate Housewives”) as the teens’ dads. The show follows “Parks and Recreation” and is one of three new Thursday night NBC comedies.

If You Like: “Grimm,” “Arrow” or “Once Upon a Time”

You Should Watch: Sleepy Hollow (Fox, premieres Mon. Sept. 16 at 8 p.m.)

Because: Icabod Crane and the Headless Horsemen come back to life in present-day small-town America. It turns out the headless horsemen is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and it’s up to Icabod to save his new home and friends, along with the rest of the world. This new horror-drama follows “Bones” on Fox’s Monday night lineup.

If you like: “New Girl,” “Girls” or “The Mindy Project”

You should watch: Super Fun Night (ABC, premieres Weds. Oct. 2 at 8:30 p.m.)

Because: This new sitcom, starring Rebel Wilson of “Bridesmaids” and “Pitch Perfect,” follows three BFFs who decide to ditch their motto of “always together, always inside” for the nightlife scene. There’s sure to be lots of hilarious jokes for all the slightly awkward twenty-something girls out there (and probably their awkward guy friends, too).