MPD investigating multiple batteries

Detectives in the process of identifying likely suspects
Joey Reuteman

The Madison Police Department Central District detectives are investigating a series of batteries that occurred Sunday morning.

According to an MPD incident report: the preliminary investigation indicates the same suspects could have caused the incidents.

The first battery occurred around 1 a.m. inside a West Gorham Street apartment building where five men were attacked in a hallway following an argument between the suspects and a couple victims.

Two of the victims suffered from facial fractures.

The second battery was later in the morning around 4:30 a.m. One suspect asked to hug a 22-year-old Madison man’s girlfriend on the 200 block of West Gilman Street.

After the man responded no, the suspect knocked him unconscious, causing a broken nose and a concussion.

The apartment surveillance shows one of the suspects battering random people after an initial disagreement.

The MPD believes the suspects may have come from a different county to party in Madison and do not live in the building.

The detectives have strong leads and are trying to identify the two or three men responsible for the incidents.