Crime in Brief

PROSPECT AVENUE

Robbery

Early Sunday morning, a 20-year-old woman and male friend were walking down Prospect Avenue when three young men approached them before attacking. According to a Madison Police Department incident report, the men seemed friendly before they attacked.

Knocking the couple to the ground, the men took the woman’s purse and ran. 

“The descriptions given about the suspects were minimal,” MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said. “It’s hard to make a case with such few details.”

The woman was taken to the hospital to be checked out after hitting her head on the ground.

“She did not suffer any serious injury and was taken to the hospital for precaution,” DeSpain said.

ANNIVERSARY LANE 

Weapons Violation

Two 18-year-old males dressed in camouflage hid in the woods behind Sandburg Elementary School on Monday afternoon with long guns over their shoulders, according to a report from MPD.

After the responding officers drew guns, the boys said they were testing out recently purchased air soft guns, an MPD report said.

“This had the potential to be a very dangerous situation,” DeSpain said. “It’s not uncommon for people with look-alike guns to cause these disturbances.”

Police cited the boys for disorderly conduct and used the opportunity to educate them about the importance of choosing an appropriate place to use toy guns, DeSpain said.

750 HILLDALE WAY: Target 

Disturbance

Benjamin Schifsky, a 30-year-old man, was cited for disorderly conduct after allegedly taking a picture up a woman’s skirt at Target on Monday afternoon.

Schifsky has a prior record stating he took a video up a woman’s dress at the University Bookstore on State Street on June 28, 2011.

“[Schifsky] has been suspected for doing this type of thing in the past,” DeSpain said.

DeSpain said it is important for stores to be aware of incidents like this to ensure future customers’ right to privacy.

EAST WASHINGTON AVENUE 

Intoxicated Driver

A car slammed into the front of a Madison Metro bus Monday morning at approximately 5:50 a.m., according to a report from MPD.

While no serious injuries were reported, three passengers on board were jolted, and the driver complained of a sore wrist, according to an MPD incident report.

The driver, Peter Bradish, 28, of Lodi, Wis., said he was unaware this had happened, telling officers he may have fallen asleep, according to the report. He later admitted to using heroin.

MPD Lt. Mary Lou Ricksecker said heroin is becoming more of a problem in the Madison area.

Bradish was going outbound on East Washington Avenue, colliding with oncoming traffic. He is tentatively being charged with possession of heroin, according to the MPD report.