Crime in brief

MIFFLIN STREET BLOCK PARTY 

Incident Roundup

The Madison Police Department Monday released a report tallying up the total number of reported incidents from Saturday’s Mifflin Street Block Party.

According to the report, MPD arrested 162 individuals who were cited for 204 tentative charges. Twelve of those arrested were detained in jail.

“Among the tickets are: 12 for open intoxicants, 69 for underage possession or consumption, 24 for deposit [of] human waste and 43 for glass-free zone violations,” the report said.

A number of those who were arrested were tested for their blood alcohol content, and officers found 64 of those arrested had a BAC of between .151 and .40.

WEST JOHNSON STREET 

Potential Sexual Assault

A 19-year-old woman might have been sexually assaulted early Sunday morning after MPD officers found the woman in a West Johnson Street parking garage at 3:52 a.m.

According to an MPD report, the woman was found wearing only a t-shirt and underwear and did not know how she got to the parking lot or why she was there.

MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said the woman did not believe she was assaulted but went to the hospital upon returning home to receive an examination to determine what had happened.

CITY OF MADISON 

Potential Sexual Assault

A second potential incident of sexual assault was reported when a 20-year-old Rock County woman woke up inside of an office building around 9 p.m. Saturday without her underwear, purse or other personal belongings.

DeSpain said the woman was treated at a local hospital and an examination was done to seek signs of sexual assault, though MPD has not yet received a copy of the results.

“In the cases of both of these women, I don’t think they really knew what had happened to them, and both went to get checked out,” DeSpain said. “People can have a SANE exam done and can later decide to do something with it and contact police.”

STATE STREET 

Disturbance

A 54-year-old man was taken into custody Monday night after exposing his genitals on State Street before passing out on a public bench with his pants unzipped.

An MPD officer found the man with his eyes closed and zipper open sitting in what appeared to be the man’s own urine, DeSpain said.

According to the responding officer’s report, the officer “observed a large pool of liquid under and around his feet and a large wet spot on his crotch.” When the officer asked the suspect why he had soiled himself, the man began calling the officer names and using expletives.

When the man was taken to jail, he laid down under a bench and soiled himself again.

MIFFLIN STREET

Arrested Person

Two Madison Police Department officers suffered minor injuries after a 22-year-old partygoer tried to flee the scene of a busted house party during Saturday’s Mifflin Street Block Party.

Seth Kulick, 22 of Burlington, attempted to run from police when officials attempted to break up a party on the 500 block of West Mifflin Street after discovering underage attendees were being served alcohol.

While in pursuit of Kulick, one officer got dragged down an alleyway, which caused injuries to the officer’s leg. An MPD sergeant then came for backup and incurred rib injuries while chasing the suspect, DeSpain said.