BREAKING: Four chancellor finalists announced

University of Wisconsin System President Kevin Reilly announced the four finalists for the chancellor position Thursday. 

The four finalists are Dr. Rebecca M. Blank from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Dr. Nicholas P. Jones from Johns Hopkins University, Dr. Michael H. Schill from University of Chicago Law School and Dr. Kim A. Wilcox from Michigan State University, according to a UW Communications statement.

David McDonald, a UW history professor, chaired the 25-member search and screen committee for the chancellor.

“We had a very clear picture of what qualities and attributes the chancellor candidates should have, given the university’s need at this time, and all four candidates more than met our expectation,” McDonald said.

McDonald said the search and screen committee recommended the finalists to Reily and a UW System Board of Regents committee.

Students, faculty, staff and community members can interact with the four finalists at a series of public receptions between March 5 and 13, according to the statement.

The search process includes interviews of the finalists by Reily and the regent committee March 15, according to David Giroux, executive director of communications for the UW system.

After the interview, the committee will recommend one candidate to the full Board of Regents, who will approve them for the final appointment.

The new chancellor succeeding Interim Chancellor David Ward will take office July 1, according to McDonald.

For more information about the four finalists and selection process, visit chancellorsearch.wisc.edu.