Second report on Chadima allegations released

A second report from a University of Wisconsin independent investigation into allegations of misconduct by former associate athletic director John Chadima found he apparently made sexual advances toward two other male students at the Athletic Department.

The second student to come forward, identified in the report as John Doe 2, is a former UW football player who claims Chadima offered to drive him to downtown Madison after drinking in the football locker room with other former players and equipment managers.

Chadima then offered to drive John Doe 2 the downtown area, but instead said they needed to go to Chadima’s house. En-route to Chadima’s house, the report claims Chadima speculated on the size of the football player’s penis and commented that he had “a nice ass.”

Chadima then allegedly made an alcoholic drink for himself and Joe Doe 2, which he declined. When Chadima remarked the student could spend the night, the student reported he locked himself in the bathroom until Chadima passed out. 

A third individual who was a student employee of the Athletic Department in the 2000s, identified as John Doe 3, claimed Chadima groped his buttocks at a party held when the football team was at a bowl game.

John Doe 3 also said there were multiple instances of inappropriate conduct, which occurred when he was working at Camp Randall Stadium alone.

Chadima said he thought the student employee was homosexual, the report said, which prompted John Doe 3 to not attend an away game because of “fear of what Chadima might do to him.”

The report added Chadima approached him before the game and said, “maybe we could have some time alone. I will have to find a reason for you to stop by my room. I will find something for you to do.”

The report also included detailed interviews with Athletics Director Barry Alvarez, Deputy Director of Athletics Sean Frazier and Football Coach Bret Bielema, in which they said they were shocked by the claims and had no suspicions about Chadima.

According to the report, the two individuals want to remain anonymous and no formal criminal charges have been filed.