Spotted: Minnesota bar caught smuggling Wisconsin beer

New Glarus, one of Wisconsin’s most popular craft brewing companies, has increased in popularity because young adults are starting to care more about their quality of alcohol, according to the founder.

As if the feud between Wisconsin and Minnesota couldn’t get any worse, a Minnesota bar was recently caught selling Wisconsin’s exclusive Spotted Cow beer.

According to a report from Minnesota’s KMSP, a Maple Grove tavern, aptly named Maple Tavern, was caught illegally selling the Wisconsin brew.

Undercover police reportedly caught the tavern selling the beer in a sting operation after receiving an anonymous tip.

David Lantos, a manager at Maple Tavern, reportedly purchased several kegs of Spotted Cow in Hudson, Wisconsin to sell back in Minnesota.

According to the report, police seized six kegs of the revered beer from the tavern.

New Glarus Brewing Company, the producer of Spotted Cow, is not a licensed alcohol manufacturer in Minnesota, making it illegal to sell their product in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

According to Politifact Wisconsin, New Glarus briefly sold their products in Illinois before making the decision in 2003 to focus exclusively on the Wisconsin market.

Though the Wisconsin exclusive can often be found in homes across the nation due to thrifty visitors sneaking some back to their states, there’s no sign of Spotted Cow, or any New Glarus brew expanding its boundaries any time soon.

So, drink up, Wisconsin.