Crime in Brief

FRANCES STREET AND UNIVERSITY AVENUE
Car Accident

Lt. Mary Lou Ricksecker of the Madison Police Department said a car-pedestrian accident occurred near the intersection of University Avenue and Frances Street Friday evening, injuring two.

Two cars collided and the second car was pushed into the bike path. Ricksecker said a pedestrian and a bicyclist were injured.

MPD will release further information early this week.

CITY OF MADISON
Heroin Dealer Sentenced

A statement from the U.S. Department of Justice said Sedrick Williams, 39, of Madison was sentenced Thursday afternoon to four years in prison for the illegal distribution of heroin.

Between the months of September 2010 and May 2011, the suspect and his brother, Tracy, conspired to sell and distribute heroin throughout the vicinity of Dane County, the statement said.

Undercover agents had been tracking Williams for quite some time. On May 19, officers pulled him over and recovered over 30 grams of heroin hidden in the engine compartment.

Sedrick Williams was then taken into custody. His brother was arrested shortly after.

MIDVALE BOULEVARD
Sexual Assault

A Madison acupuncturist working at Du’s Acupuncture Clinic was arrested Wednesday afternoon following a sexual assault claim made against him by a 24-year-old woman.

The Madison woman reported to police that the acupuncturist had made inappropriate advances towards her during one of her acupuncture appointments, an Madison Police Department report said.

The suspect allegedly kissed the woman, touched her in a sexual manner, and made inappropriate comments. He denied the allegations.

Ald. Chris Schmidt, District 11, said incidences of sexual assault are very infrequent in his district. He said this particular incident was very unusual.

RUSTIC PARKWAY
Overdose

Ambulances were called to the home of a 22-year-old man early Wednesday morning following a suspected heroin overdose, a MPD report said.

The unconscious man had no pulse, was not breathing and was found in a bathroom by a family member, the report said.

Madison Police and Town of Madison paramedics were immediately called to the scene. The man is currently in critical condition at the hospital.

The man had just recently completed a treatment program with the hopes of combating his addiction.

EAST WASHINGTON AVENUE
Robbery

A 56-year-old man’s car keys were stolen from him after making a purchase at the Kelley Williamson Mobil on East Washington Avenue Sunday night, a Madison Police report said.

The victim put himself between the thief and his car to protect his car from being stolen, the report said.

The gas station clerk then saw the commotion and came out to investigate, causing the suspect to flee with the victim’s keys still in his hand.

A responding officer on the scene worked with the victim so the victim’s car could be towed from the gas station to a friend’s house.

MINERAL POINT ROAD
Found Property

Last Saturday afternoon, a MPD officer was dispatched to investigate a possible purse theft after a man was witnessed taking a purse off the pavement of a PDQ convenience store parking lot.

The man then reportedly put the purse in his car and drove away.

According to a report from MPD, however, that same day, the purse was handed in by the same man at MPD’s West District Station, explaining that he had found the item and wanted to return it to its proper owner.

The officer contacted the owner of the purse, a 61-year-old Madison woman, who confirmed it had not been stolen but merely fallen out of her car.