’30’ artist Adele signs multi-million dollar deal for Vegas residency

Due to COVID-19, the venue will have a smaller capacity limit than previous shows of Adele’s
Katie Cooney

Last Thursday Adele announced via Twitter she would be taking part in a four-month concert residency hosted in Las Vegas. The singer will perform two shows each weekend at the Colosseum of Caesar Palace Hotel for a total of twelve weekends.

“Weekends with Adele” will start Jan. 21 and end April 16. She is set to make around $1 million per show, earning her more per-night revenue than her previous world tours.

Pro Picks: A farewell review of Eddie Van Halen

This comes after the recent release of her new studio album “30” — Adele’s first album in six years. The album reached the top of The Billboard 200 chart in only three days, registering 185 million streams in its first week and has enjoyed a comfortable stay at the top since.

Adele is not the first artist to hold a residency in Las Vegas — artists like Elton John, Usher and Madonna have resided in Sin City to perform for part of each of their careers.

Returning student’s perspective on current state of State Street

One of Adele’s idols, Celine Dion performed over a thousand times in Las Vegas, taking place over two residencies. One lasted from 2003-2007 and the other from 2011-2019. Fun fact Adele’s most prized possession is a framed piece of Dion’s chewing gum.

Tickets to the show will be available on a first-come, first-served basis via Ticketmaster Verified Fan. Registration to purchase tickets opened Nov. 30 and the tickets went on sale Dec. 7 at 12 p.m. CT.

Soccer Mommy’s performance bravado on full display in Majestic appearance

Due to The Colosseum’s limited capacity of 4,100 people, each concert will have a moderate number of attendees compared to her previous venues. With the emergence of yet another COVID-19 variant, many think this decision to perform at more private events is a way for her to continue to perform while avoiding the hassles of traveling in the pandemic.

There will be one breakage in the schedule of the event, with Van Morrison set to perform Feb. 18-19 in 2022.