New albums to look forward to this spring semester

New music keeps us alive

With a brand new semester ahead of us, it’s good to have something to look forward to. Music has a way of healing like no other, and we’re definitely going to need it for our back-to-school blues.

Music is the accompanist for our walks to class, our most faithful study partner and is sometimes more influential than that friend that tells you to have just one more shot on the weekends.

Below are some albums that will hopefully keep us truckin’ along this semester.

Ty Segall — Jan. 27

Courtesy of Flickr user Daniel Patlán

Musical chameleon Ty Segall is coming out with yet another album this month. After delving in and out of different projects, including those with different bands and solo endeavors, Segall is coming back with his self titled, ninth studio album, Ty Segall.

Marilyn Manson —Feb. 14

Courtesy of Wikipedia

What to look for in upcoming awards season

Time for a rather spooky Valentine’s Day with SAY10, Manson’s upcoming release. He has already gifted quite a bold music video clip for the album. Let’s just say that President Donald Trump may or may not be involved, though it’s open to interpretation. Graphics aside, it’s Manson’s goal to ask very necessary questions.

Temples — March 3

Courtesy of Wikipedia

These psychedelic Brits are coming out with Volcano this spring. Their single from the album, “Certainty,” shows the steps they have taken to advance their sound, and listeners are sure to expect more. Of course, though, we can count on their dreaminess and pop/rock sound.

The Shins — March 10

Courtesy of Flickr user Allison Janzen

Though this guitar pop group didn’t start yesterday, they still come out with music as fresh as if they did. Heartworms is set to impress after a five-year gap in new tunes. Their latest single, “Name for You,” reminds fans The Shins still have their noteworthy rhythms and captivating vocals.

TBA

Though these aren’t set in stone, we can hope for new albums from Arcade Fire, Avril Lavigne, Blondie, Coldplay, HAIM, LCD Soundsystem, London Grammar and more. Fingers crossed!