In photos: Moda’s finale fashion show delights and dazzles with stunning, unique looks

Marquee event of publication’s UW Fashion Week lives up to hype with brands from both corporate, campus level
Akmal Hakim

After a week of events, a clothing swap and a film screening, Moda, the University of Wisconsin’s own fashion publication, finished their annual UW Fashion Week with a fashion show.

With a DJ who set a great atmosphere and an array of talented models, hundreds attended the event Friday. Dressed in a variety of hip fashion sub-genres, attendees bore witness to a spectacle featuring looks originating from both the corporate and campus level.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Jen Anderson, Editor-in-Chief of Moda, and Emma Leuman, deputy editor, took part in the event’s pre-show Red Carpet event.

More Moda staff made last-second preparations before the big event.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Nature not only inspired student designer Allison Kelsey’s dresses, it also served as the materials. Kelsey said she used pigments from real flowers and twigs she gathered herself as components of her dresses.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Brands including See Eyewear, Lucky Brand and Pendleton were also represented in curated form at Moda’s big show.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Catherine Finedore, the second of three student designers featured, wowed the audience with elegant, yet visually striking fashion pieces. This was her first collection, which she said she was grateful to share alongside other talented designers.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald
Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Em Kinville, another featured student designer, liked to juxtapose the natural curviness of the human body with straight lines — a motif throughout her featured pieces.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald

Moda put on a fashion show that left one wondering and waiting for what they’ll do to top themselves next year.

Akmal Hakim/The Badger Herald