Rascals’ CD proves ‘Unstoppable’

Many Rascal Flatts fans of have two things in common — their love for the band and the tears in their eyes as the band members pour their hearts out and offer a sneak peak into their lives. These heartfelt and powerful songs such as “Skin (Sara Beth)” and “What Hurts the Most” have left many fans full of wonder and faces full of tears. Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney definitely don’t disappoint on their sixth album, Unstoppable. The moving and touching lyrics, along with the very different sounds for every song, make this a wonderful addition to the Rascal Flatts collection.

LeVox (lead vocals), DeMarcus (bass guitar, keyboards, vocals), and Rooney (lead guitar, vocals) created Rascal Flatts in 1999. DeMarcus and LeVox worked in a night club, and when the guitarist of their band couldn’t be there, Rooney joined them. And as they say, the rest is history. They have had 23 singles on the Billboard Hot Country song charts with nine number ones, and every Rascal Flatts album has gone multiplatinum.

With every song on this album, as well as the previous ones, the listener is dragged into the emotions of the song. It is as if you are right there experiencing the exact same thing. “Summer Nights” is a fun and quirky song making you feel like this concert is outside on a sandy beach at a campfire with cheering and clapping fans or listeners. “Holdin’ On” creates an emptiness with the lyrics and soft and quiet guitar. “We set out from the beginning to track when we got songs we believed in. That allowed us to take a deep breath now and then and take our time, and the great thing is every song means something very deeply to us,” says DeMarcus on the Rascal Flatt’s website.

“Here Comes Goodbye” is one example of the power Rascal Flatts’ words have with lyrics like “Here comes goodbye/ Here comes the last time/ Here comes the start of every sleepless night/ The first of every tear I’m gonna cry/ Here comes the pain/ Here comes me wishing things had never changed/ And she was right here in my arms tonight/ But here comes goodbye.” This song is sure to influence many listeners because of the relativity of the lyrics along with LeVox’s magnificent voice.

“Things That Matter” is another song with a slow guitar which creates a more quiet sound and lyrics that will really make the listener stop and think. “And he gets cut off flipped off ticked off out on the interstate/ And he wonders why this world won’t leave him alone/ Till he hears that little voice holler ‘daddy’s home’/ Things that matter/ Things that don’t.”

From broken hearts in “Holdin’ On” to the simple fun of “Summer Nights,” the songs on Rascal Flatts’ newest album are exciting, unique and unforgettable. With this new album, Gary LeVox’s breathtaking vocals along with beautiful harmonies of Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney prove that they are indeed unstoppable.

5 stars out of 5.