Man arrested after altercation Saturday that led to broken tooth

A Madison man was arrested Saturday afternoon after he allegedly attacked two 18-year-old Madison men following an altercation.

Police arrested 26-year-old Caleb J. Percevecz after the incident, which occurred around 1 p.m. Saturday near the intersection of South Randall Avenue and Mound Street.

According to a police report, the two 18-year-old victims were walking in the area when the suspect pushed one man to the ground and broke the other man’s tooth.

The victims then chased Percevecz and held him down until police arrived at the scene, the police report said.

Percevecz said one of the victims had called him a derogatory name, according to the police report.

The suspect, who admitted to drinking before the incident, had a blood alcohol content of .115 at the time of the incident, Madison Police spokesperson Joel DeSpain said.

The suspect needed several stitches before being taken to jail, he said. The victim who was pushed to the ground had no other injuries, DeSpain said.

Percevecz has been charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct, according to the report.