Former Packer Brett Favre bringing flag football game to Camp Randall

Past Green Bay, NFL stars to square off in friendly contest on July 19 in Madison
Herald File Photo

Future NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre is returning to the football field.

No, it won’t be in an NFL game, but rather at Camp Randall Stadium for a flag football game.

Favre will be one of the many former Green Bay Packer and NFL stars playing in the Brett Favre’s Legends Game at Camp Randall Stadium on Sunday, July 19, the day after Favre is inducted into the Packer’s Hall of Fame in Green Bay.

Brett Favre’s Legends Game, presented by Hewlett Packard, will consist of two teams. One team will be made up of legendary Packer players including Mark Chmura, Javon Walker and Andre Rison, while the other will feature a variety of former NFL players including Donovan McNabb, Roger Craig and even the Badgers’ and college football’s all-time leading rusher, Ron Dayne. McNabb will quarterback the NFL team while Favre will take the reins of the Packers team.

Tickets will go on sale at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3 and prices will range from $34 to $55. Wisconsin students can purchase up to two tickets for $13 each and will be located in the $34 price level. A family package of four tickets can be purchased for $112 which will also be in the $34 price level. The upper level of Camp Randall will not be open, but event organizer Marty Garafalo is expecting a big crowd.

Tickets can be purchased online at UWBadgers.com, over the phone at 1-800-GO-BADGERS or (608) 262-1440 or at the McGinnis Family Athletic Ticket Office near Game 1 of Camp Randall Stadium. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go to the Favre 4 Hope Foundation, which directly benefits a number of charities.

The game was originally supposed to be played at Lambeau Field, but after the Packers organization declined, Favre suggested Camp Randall as a suitable venue.

Kickoff for the Legends Game is scheduled for 4 p.m., with a flag football game between the local fire department and local firefighters occurring before the game. For more information regarding the event, visit www.brettfavreslegendsgame.com.