SSFC approves Black Voice student budget, hears presentations from Student Veterans and Sex Out Loud

The Black Voice’s budget was approved after the commitee made amendements to reduce the budget to 2%
Savannah Kind

The Student Services Finance Committee approved the budget for the Black Voice and heard budget presentations for Student Veterans of America and Sex Out Loud, Monday night.

At the start of the meeting, SSFC Chair Tessa Reilly said she had received an email from the Student Leadership Program requesting an exemption to SSFC rules to allow them to spend their advertising budget towards promoting their non-SSFC funded events.

Under current rules, student organizations can only use SSFC advertising funding to promote events if the event is funded by the General Student Services Fund.

The Black Voice requests salary in SSFC budget request

Reilly said she would gather more information on ASM financial rules to see if such an exemption would violate UW’s financial policies before moving forward with any new legislation.

SVA and Sex Out Loud both gave budget presentations to SSFC. SVA is requesting $12,112.50 for the 2022 Fiscal Year while SOL is requesting $51,909.50, which is equal to their current budget.

SSFC hears presentations from UW Dreamers, approves CWC budget after 10% decrease

SOL’s Financial Coordinator Aiman Yusoff said the organization requested the same amount for the 2022 fiscal year because they felt their current budget was reflective of their needs.

After the budget presentations, the committee approved the Fiscal Year 2022 budget for the Black Voice in an 8-0-4 vote and introduced amendments to reduce it by 2%.

SSFC will meet again on Thursday on Zoom at 6:00 p.m.