UW Athletic Department official resigns

John Chadima, senior associate athletic director at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, resigned from his position in the UW Athletic Department.

The school announced today that after an “allegation of misconduct” was brought forth to university officials, athletic director Barry Alvarez placed Chadima on administrative leave on the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 6. Chadima resigned from his position later that day.

UW-Madison Interim Chancellor David Ward has initiated a campus review of the matter.

Chadima has served as the associate athletic director since 2003 and was named the associate athletic director for capital projects and sports administration in 2009, according to the athletic department.

He is in charge of managing capital projects and overseeing facilities, equipment and the strength and conditioning staffs of UW athletic teams.

Chadima also has administrative oversight of football, men’s and women’s golf and rowing programs.

Chadima’s career at UW-Madison began in 1990 as the director of football operations, a position he held until 1997 and again from 2000-2003. He acted as the department’s director of facilities and events from 1997-2000.

Stay with the Badger Herald as more information becomes available regarding this story.