Student finance committee denies funding for Multicultural Student Coalition

SSFC approved Atheists, Humanists and Agnostics’s budget
Emilie Cochran

After much discussion, the Student Services Finance Committee decided to deny funding for Multicultural Student Coalition Thursday.

For an organization to be eligible for funding from the SSFC, they must fill out eligibility applications and present their plan to the committee.

During their eligibility hearing, however, MCSC was unable to accurately and definitively answer questions about their core programming, Rep. Henry Galles.

Rep. Rep. Zaakir Abdul-Wahid echoed similar views regarding concern with both their core and supportive programming. The eligibility document they sent to the SSFC was a “loose guideline” rather than an actual plan, Abdul-Wahid said.

Badger Catholic, VETS introduce eligibility requirements during SSFC hearings

“We’ve never seen an eligibility application riddled with as many errors as the one we saw on Monday [from MCSC],” Rep. Jeremy Swanson said.

Another point of issue was with their accountability requirements because throughout their application, they didn’t give written plans of how they were working with other groups, Rep. Max Goldfarb said. This leaves a question of if the other groups were aware and willing to participate, he added.

After 20 minutes of discussing the eligibility application for MCSC, SSFC ultimately denied MCSC eligibility in a vote of 0-8-3.

SSFC unanimously approves Sex Out Loud, Live Free budgets

SSFC made a cut in Atheists, Humanists and Agnostics’ advertising budget from $3,200 to $2,700 because during their budget hearing they couldn’t account for the other $500 when asked, Rep. Dylan Resch said.

AHA’s final budget of $65,050 was approved by the SSFC in a vote of 10-0-2.

Budget hearings for the Campus Women’s Center and SSFC also took place, both of which will have their decisions Monday.