Proper tools, technique for getting down, dirty

Welcome back, my little hornballs. This week, I’m going to answer questions about things you want to try, but are feeling a little too hesitant to go through with. I’ll help guide you through the best ways to go about them and even give you some tips and tricks of my own. Let’s get it on.

A couple invited me to have a threesome with them, and I think I want to do it. Is there anything I need to know before going through with this?

There are a few things you need to consider before jumping into bed with them. First and most importantly, make sure they have been tested for STI’s. Although this might be an uncomfortable topic, agree on using protection; that way you can focus on pleasure and not the risk of pregnancy.

Next, find out if the couple has set up any boundaries for the threesome. For example, they may want to keep vaginal penetration between the two of them.

Be sure to respect the boundaries they establish, but also be vocal about your own needs. For example, if you’re not comfortable having anal sex, let them know ahead of time so you don’t feel pressured in the heat of the moment.

You also need to consider the emotional risks of having a threesome. If you’re in love with this guy, but you’d be having sex with him and his girlfriend, it’s not a good idea because you might end up getting hurt.

And this might seem obvious, but it’s important to not get so drunk that you get sloppy. There’s a big difference between having a glass or two of wine to calm your nerves and puking up a bottle of Bacardi in their bathroom.

Lastly: Have fun! This can be the key to making your threesome an exciting and pleasure-filled experience for all three of you. Let me know how it goes!

I’m a girl, and I want to try using lube, but I don’t want to turn my partner off and ruin the moment. Is there a subtle way to use lube?

You’ve got two options here. First, if you know ahead of time that you’re gonna get down and dirty, slip into the bathroom and insert the lube before you get started. When you’re ready for intercourse, there will be no need to stop and fumble with the lube.

If things happen a bit more spontaneously, try and incorporate the lube into foreplay. Ladies, put the bottle of lube on the bed and have your partner put the lube on his or her fingers and then touch you (I promise they won’t say no). Or, once you put the condom on, pour some (water or silicone-based) lube into the palms of your hands and stroke him before letting him enter you. The added lubrication will feel so good, the last thing your partner will be is turned off.

I have a question about sexting. I think it would be really hot to send my boyfriend a picture of me naked so he’ll be really turned on when he gets home. Should I do it?

Put the cell phone down and back away. This is not a good idea, and a quick peek at the website exgfpics.com will tell you why.

You’re trying to do something to spice things up with your boyfriend, and that’s great! But once you hit the send button, you can never get that picture back. No one ever thinks they’re going to break up, but break-ups do happen, and they can get messy. Take a second and think about your exes: Would you want them to have pictures of you naked at their disposal? Probably not.

Instead of sending the picture, why not just wait naked for your boyfriend when he gets home? I guarantee it will have the same effect.

I wanna try some really nice condoms, but they’re so fucking expensive. Help me.

I’ve got you covered. On Amazon.com you can buy condoms in bulk – and in secret. I would recommend the Okamoto Variety Pack, because, personally, Okamoto Crowns are the only brand I use. It costs around $13 for 72 condoms – that’s only 18 cents per condom, compared to almost $2.50 each at places like Walgreens – and it even comes with free lube.

This particular variety pack includes studded, aloe lubricated, neon-colored and extra-thin condoms, and they package discreetly and ship quickly. Have two of your buddies throw in five bucks each and split the condoms with you. Everybody wins.

I want to go to UHS to get screened for STIs, but I’m afraid I’ll see someone I know that works there or that it might be awkward.

Nothing to fear, my dear. The sexual health clinic at UHS does outstanding work; they’re quick, they’re free and they’re discreet. There is a chance you’ll see someone you know there getting tested, or someone you know that works there, but keep in mind this is their job and they do this every day.

There are more than 40,000 students on campus, and the people who work at UHS are the last people who will judge you for taking care of yourself. Be proud of getting yourself tested! You’re protecting yourself and your body and should encourage others to do so as well.

Until next week!

xoxo Mary