Turquoise Jeep takes Madison crowd on wild ride

Flynt Flossy promised “an experience” in his interview with The Badger Herald, and, man, did he deliver. Four members of Turquoise Jeep performed last night, each bringing full booty-popping power to the stage. Everyone in the varied, eclectic crowd was laughing and jamming each minute of the hour-long set.

Openers CRASHprez and *hitmayng got the crowd going, showcasing originals and putting their own twist on current popular beats like Tyga’s “Rack City.” In contrast to Turquoise Jeep’s comedic lyrics, CRASHprez offered meaningful social commentary in his lyrics. It was great to see young, local talent captivate the crowd as an opening act.

Turquoise Jeep opened with the slow-jam song “Cavities.” Pretty Raheem, dressed in a black leather jacket with a big glitter Jeep on the back, carried the vocals, crooning: “I know you want some/cavities, with all this chocolate in your mouth.” Halfway through the song, Flynt Flossy made his appearance onstage. Flossy and Whatchyamacallit danced in sync while Raheem sang to all the ladies in the front row.

One crowd favorite was “Can He Move It Like This?”, a challenge to all the taken ladies in the audience. It featured synchronized dancing and vocal styling reminiscent of ’90s boy bands and Montell Jordan’s 1995 hit “This Is How We Do It.” Turquoise Jeep’s performance was unique in that it is a full-out show, not just a few singers and rappers wandering aimlessly onstage. Every number was highly choreographed and well-rehearsed.

For “Licky Sticky,” Young Humma, Pretty Raheem, Flynt Flossy and Whatchyamacallit brought four ladies from the audience onstage. For this slow jam song, they gave the chosen ladies a taste of their sex appeal, treating them to a lap dance Turquoise Jeep-style – don’t worry; IDs were checked before they were brought onstage.

Fan-favorite “Lemme Smang It” was definitely a highlight of the show. Turquoise Jeep showed the audience exactly what “smanging” (smashing and banging) looked like, making Elvis’ famous hip gyrations look harmless in comparison. Young Humma’s playful, pleading vocals were a great complement to the beat and Turquoise Jeep’s smooth, sexual dance moves.

Flossy’s dancing was one of the most impressive aspects of the show. While all Turquoise Jeep members present could work it, Flossy was definitely a standout. He fully committed to each and every dance move, moving his pelvis in ways not even Beyonce can. Flossy demonstrated his superb muscle isolation during the dubstep-inspired transition into “Did I Mention I Like to Dance.”

Overall, the set, though brief, featured flawless transitions and was thoroughly entertaining. After the show, Turquoise Jeep members stayed around so they could meet every fan and sign autographs. This performance would have definitely secured a five-star rating had Turquoise Jeep not left out fan favorites “I Gotta Go to Cali” and the highly entertaining and catchy “F**k Your Blog.” 

However disappointing the lack of these songs was, their absence left the crowd wanting more and waiting for Turquoise Jeep to ride into Madison again.