Fun shit to do in Madison over spring break

Art, drink specials, some pretty impressive music acts should fill your spring break if you are staying in town
James Franco in Spring Breakers
rooneymara.tumblr.com
James Franco in “Spring Breakers”

Stuck in Madison for #SB2015 while your friends turn up in Panama City Beach? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Here’s a calendar of some events to fill your time with over break.

Saturday, March 28

Harlem Renaissance Museum is opening on the East Side Saturday. It will highlight major figures who are connected to the Midwest.

Tedeschi Trucks Band are playing the Orpheum Theater.

Watch the Badger men’s basketball play in the Elite Eight at the Staples Center!!!

Sunday, March 29

20th Annual Collectibles Flea Market at the Barrymore will include antiques, jewelry, posters, vintage accessaries and others. Admission is free.

Find some scalped tickets or hit up Stubhub to buy some tickets for the sold out Walk the Moon show at Majestic.

Monday, March 30

Reenact that iconic scene from “Singin’ in the Rain” because it’s going to rain and it’s spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ

Rock Hall of Fame band ZZ Top is playing the Overture Center.

Tuesday, March 31

New York indie-pop band Bleachers are playing at Majestic, and one dollar from each ticket will go to The Ally Foundation.

It’s the hottest sunny day of the week. Bring some friends and a frisbee down to Henry Vilas park by the Arboretum or James Madison Park.

Wednesday, April 1

Play a fun spring themed prank on someone.

Thursday, April 2

Grab a Long Island for $2.50 at The Plaza Tavern

Friday, April 3

The Majestic Theatre often puts together niche movie screenings that get overlooked in the shadow of their bigger performances. Their Brew N’ View: Zombies vs. Slasher will include horror trivia and movie picks based on viewers votes.

Saturday, April 4

Prolific indie band Belle and Sebastian will be gracing the Overture stage with indie newcomers Honeyblood.