Madison TV station takes heat for bumping NCIS for mayoral debate

D. Bauer

Tuesday’s mayoral debate appeared to ruin some Madisonians’ night — those who are faithful viewers of the TV show NCIS at 7 p.m.

WISC-TV, which hosted the televised debate, took heat on social media for bumping the show from its regular time, although viewers with DVRs could record it later that night.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2015/03/25/soglin-resnick-spar-over-several-issues-in-first-televised-debate/

So instead of watching Tony Denozzo make witty jests, NCIS viewers instead got to catch at least some of the debate between Paul Soglin and Scott Resnick — and then post to Facebook about it.

CBS’s number one show.. I have an idea! Let’s bump it for a debate that only affects one city and leave everyone else out to dry! 1238? Yeah…. what about people without DVR?!?

Posted by Aaron Treuthardt on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

See??? I wasn’t the only one very very annoyed at the decision to show NCIS later. Still annoyed. Bad decision…

Posted by Diana Klang on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The situation became even more dire as some claimed the switch ruined their entire week.

Thank you for ruining my week. I don’t watch a lot of tv and one of the few shows I look forward to watching is NCIS and…

Posted by Stephanie Colvin on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Then, frustrated viewers turned on all caps and demanded for the responsible party’s job termination.

BOO TOO YOU,THE MOST POPULAR SHOW ON TV,AND YOU SHOW A DEBATE THAT ONLY PEOPLE OF MADISON CARE ABOUT..AND MOST OF THEM WOULD RATHER WATCH NCIS….BUMS

Posted by Connie Jean Federman Tritt on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Brilliant idea to not show NCIS. Really. Brilliant. Whoever thought this up needs to be fired.

Posted by Tawnie Redington on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

You suck. Nobody gives a crap about some p.o.s. Madison mayoral debate. Why in the world would you air that crap on a…

Posted by Joe Collins on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Thanks for screwing up my viewing for tonight. Political LIARS can be broadcast at 1am for all I care. I have to be up…

Posted by Kim Weber Polacko on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

For what it’s worth, Resnick apologized for “delaying [their] entertainment” on his Facebook page.

Thank you to everyone who tuned into tonight’s live debate on WISC-TV / Channel 3000. While there may not be a clear cut…

Posted by Scott Resnick on Tuesday, March 24, 2015