Revelry lineup unveiled

revelry

Hoodie Allen and Toro y Moi are among the talents slated to perform at the arts and music festival Revelry, the first official end-of-the-year music festival at University of Wisconsin.

The day-long live music and art event on May 4 features five national acts and regional talents including Delta Spirit, Oh Land, The Mowgli’s, Chance the Rapper, Julian Lynch, PHOX, RageLife, CrashPrez and Lord of the Fly.

“We are very proud to have such a lineup, especially with such a short timeline,” Revelry spokesperson Bess Donoghue said. “Usually it takes about nine months to plan an event of this scale.”

The planning committee of Revelry increased its original budget from $60,000 to more than $100,000 through fundraising to allow for greater spending on artists, she said.

Revelry Chief Executive Reveler Sarah Mathews said the committee wants to ensure the budget matches their vision for the event. 

“One of our criteria … is mass appeal, what students want to see, and we want to value gender and cultural inclusivity and diversity,” Mathews said. 

The event will take place at Engineering Mall and Union South Plaza from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 4, the same day as the Mifflin Street Block Party.

Tickets will go on sale April 8, and prices will start at $5 for UW students with a student ID. 

Ticket prices will increase after the student pre-sale ends April 22, and tickets will also be sold on the day of Revelry at Union South Box Office, according to a Revelry statement.

“The primary audience for this event is UW-Madison students,” Mathews said. “We are structuring everything … entry and ticket pricing to [target] students.”

Revelry organizers will iron out the specific schedule and other art-related activities in the coming month.