Colin Cowherd’s ‘The Herd’ to broadcast from union terrace

ESPN anchor Colin Cowherd will return to Madison Friday, University of Wisconsin officials announced Tuesday.

Cowherd will broadcast his radio show “The Herd” live from the Memorial Union Terrace from 9 a.m. to noon, Union Communications Director Marc Kennedy said.

ESPN visited UW in September, broadcasting Cowherd’s radio show live from the Terrace as well as the television show SportsNation.

Unlike Cowherd’s previous visit, SportsNation will not be along for the ride, ESPN spokesperson Jack Follman said.

Talk of returning to UW before the Ohio State game began during Cowherd’s last visit, Kennedy said, but ESPN did not confirm until last week.

The show returning for round two speaks to the awe Cowherd and the crew had on their last trip to UW, Kennedy said. He added the crew could not believe they were on a college campus while at the Union.

“It is a testament to the nice location and ambiance of the Terrace,” Kennedy said.

Follman said Cowherd wanted to be at UW to witness the excitement on campus in anticipation for Saturday’s match-up.

Cowherd also enjoyed the last visit, which makes the reason for this trip “as simple as that,” Follman said.

The reputation of UW as a great college sports city proved to be true, Follman said, and the fans made the first visit a success through their enthusiasm.

“I know from hearing from them they had nothing but great things to say about campus,” Follman said.