Police searching for three males with handgun in West Mifflin armed robbery [Updated]

The University of Wisconsin texted a WiscAlert at 7:40 pm saying police were searching for three black males, all under 30 years old, including a male with a handgun wearing a red Harvard hooded sweatshirt on the 400 block of W. Mifflin St.

The text said the suspects left on foot.

Update (8:30 p.m.): A new WiscAlert said it is believed the suspects have left the 400 block of West Mifflin and police are still searching for the suspects.

Update (9:50 p.m.): A Madison Police Department report said the three suspects entered the unlocked residence around 7:10 p.m. One of the men was armed with a small handgun. The victims were not injuries in the robbery, the report said.

The suspects reportedly demanded the victims’ cell phones and wallets before ordering them into a closet and fleeing the scene. Both stolen phones were tracked to an area nearby, where they were recovered.

Although a K9 unit was on the scene, police were not able to locate the suspects.

The victims are a 20-year-old, of Madison, and a 22-year-old, residency unknown.

We will continue to update this post with details as they are available.