Man urinates on UW student in Qdoba

A man was tentatively charged with disorderly conduct and a probation hold after he was escorted out of the State Street Qdoba and arrested Monday night for urinating on a University of Wisconsin student.

Ronald Duell, 52, approached a UW junior and his female friend eating dinner at Qdoba restaurant around 8:20 p.m. Monday night, said Madison Police Department spokesperson Joel DeSpain.

According to DeSpain, the student told the police officials Duell was standing 6 inches away from him, touching him, when he realized Duell was “peeing on the floor,” resulting in a puddle of urine on the floor.

Additionally, the student reported there was an odor of intoxicants stemming from Duell, DeSpain said.

The police report states when the dispatched officers responded to the disturbance, the manager of Qdoba was confronting the suspect outside the restaurant at 548 State Street. Duell was apparently screaming profanities at the police officers while being arrested.

Management at Qdoba refused to comment on the incident.

Duell, who has no permanent address, has committed 25 minor offenses throughout the downtown area and will most likely be issued a probation hold.

A probation hold is essentially a “ban list,” prohibiting select persons from entering a specific location, in this case, the State Street area.

“People who are aggressive panhandlers, causing disturbances on State Street repeatedly are often those we ask to put on the ban list,” DeSpain said.

DeSpain said Capt. Mary Schauf of the MPD will most likely contact the court commissioner to put Duell on the list, banning him from State Street.