Man suffers head injury at Monday’s

[media-credit name=’ANDRIY PAZUNIAK/Herald photo’ align=’alignnone’ width=’648′]monday_wide_AY_416[/media-credit]Madison Police and emergency units were dispatched to Monday's bar after 2 a.m. Sunday morning when a man fell outside and injured his head.

According to a Monday's employee working that night, the man was heavily intoxicated, pushing other bar patrons, and had to be removed from the bar "a couple of hours" before bar time.

The man then attempted to reenter the bar repeatedly, the Monday's employee said, and when the man forcibly attempted to enter Monday's again after the bar made its last call, Monday's bouncers pushed the man out of the establishment.

According to the Monday's employee, the man stumbled then fell directly on his face.

"It was a combination of the momentum of the push and him being drunk," the employee said, adding the man did not even put his hands out to catch himself as he was falling.

The employee said the man was treated for injuries to his eye and face and received stitches.

The man was placed on a stretcher and taken away from the scene in an ambulance. No new information on his condition was available as of press time.

"We did exactly what was in our power to do," the Monday's employee said.

No information was given on whether the man was charged for any criminal behavior as of press time.

Patrick Hamlin, a manager at the Kollege Klub, said incidents like these do not happen often, but if bar patrons are overly intoxicated, it is standard procedure to remove them from the bar.

"If they're making it dangerous to other people and dangerous to themselves … you kick them out," Hamlin said. "If they're puking or passed out, you call them a cab."

Hamlin added that bar bouncers are supposed to try to walk the disruptive patron out, because bars face a "ton of liability."

"Generally, if they're that f-cked up, you don't try to kick them out to where they get hurt," Hamlin said, adding he did not know what happened specifically at Monday's on Saturday night.

Hamlin said bars could potentially face assault and battery charges if someone is injured as a result of actions taken by bar bouncers.

There was no information as of press time on whether charges would be brought against Monday's bar, although the Monday's employee said police did not indicate any charges would be filed.