Wisconsin overcomes 17-0 deficit to win Saturday

Wisconsin came back from a 17-0 deficit to defeat No. 21 Ohio State 20-17 Saturday before a packed crowd at Ohio Stadium.

The monumental win, coming curiously on the heals of a 63-32 loss to Indiana at Camp Randall, puts UW back on course to contend for a Big Ten championship. The Badgers (4-3, 2-1) shut down the Buckeye offense after halftime, allowing just 64 yards after OSU’s punter ran out of bounds on fourth down late in the second quarter.

The error set up UW’s first touchdown and got the ball rolling on the eventual comeback.

Wisconsin’s Mark Neuser converted two pressure-packed field goals in the fourth quarter to tie the score and then give the Badgers the decisive lead.

Senior wide receiver Nick Davis caught six passes, including a touchdown early in the third quarter that drew UW to within three, enabling Neuser to make his clutch kicks.

Lee Evans made only three catches but equaled Davis’ yardage, and each circus catch set up a UW score. Evans caught a 27-yard pass to set up Davis’ touchdown and a 30-yarder led to Neuser’s tying field goal. Then Evans made a 34-yard reception down the left sideline to put Wisconsin into OSU territory before the winning kick.

Davis and Evans combined for 182 yards receiving.