Cat Café Mad to ‘purr’ fresh cups of coffee in kitty-packed venue

We’re not kitten: A kitty-filled coffeehouse opens on Monroe Street March 21
Cat Café Mad to purr fresh cups of coffee in kitty-packed venue

If you’ve ever gone into a coffee shop and thought to yourself, “This establishment would be vastly improved if it were filled with a shit ton of cats,” we’ve got great news for you.

A cat café will be opening in Madison next Monday, conveniently located on Monroe Street near Camp Randall.

Cat Café Mad provides beverage-seekers with the opportunity to sip their drinks while sitting in a room full of cats. Visitors to the Café will pay a $10 cover charge, which includes one beverage and the privilege of sitting on the floor and watching a cat knock your drink over.

The purpose of our cat café is to provide the public with a chance to experience the love, fun and happiness that comes from owning a cat in a relaxing atmosphere,” according to the Café’s website.

It’s unknown how many cats will be present at the café, or whether or not you can bring your own cats to enhance the experience. The Cat Café could not be reached for comment.

When it opens on March 21, the café will provide a valuable service to Madison cat-lovers bound by the strict governance that is leases that don’t allow pets.