PSA: Chick-fil-A is giving out free sandwiches on Tuesday morning

Flickr user Richard Elzey

If you’ve got a taste for free food, we’ve got good news and bad news.

The good news is that Chick-fil-A is opening two new franchises in Wisconsin this week, and will be celebrating the expansion by giving out free chicken biscuit breakfast sandwiches at their three existing Wisconsin eateries on Tuesday.

The bad news is that this giveaway takes place between 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, and the nearest restaurant is five miles away from campus.

Though the transit may be lengthy and inconvenient, intrepid gastronomic pilgrims stand to win big with this chicken breakfast biscuit. Chick-fil-A’s website boasts that the entree is “seasoned to perfection,” and “served on a buttermilk biscuit baked fresh at each Restaurant [sic].”

As if that weren’t tantalizing enough, each sandwich has over half the daily recommended amount of sodium, and an ingredient playfully named “milk wash.” While milk wash is really just water, milk and eggs, it sounds a lot worse and could make for a decent band name.

These openings are part of a nationwide expansion that promises to bring 95 new Chick-fil-A eateries to the nation, bringing classic Southern staples such as chicken, biscuits and thinly-veiled homophobia in a fun, casual setting.

If you’re available Tuesday morning and willing to endure a reasonable inconvenience for a bite of free food, this bird-slinging eatery is your prime destination.