Craps on campus: Scatological ecstasy at Agricultural Hall

The Herald’s guide to the best (and worst) spots to poop on campus
Patrick Ronan

Coordinates: [43.076, -89.412]

Altitude: 10 meters above sea level

Madison is peppered with century-old buildings and historical landmarks, some of which have been standing since the university’s creation in 1848. While the age of these Wisconsin relics give classrooms and halls a unique sense of history and tradition, the ravages of time can also render older bathrooms nearly unusable. But 112-year-old Agricultural Hall is an exception, as it is home to one of the best places to crap on campus.

https://badgerherald.com/banter/2015/10/06/craps-on-campus-poop-your-way-through-time-at-wisconsin-historical-society/

The building’s bathroom is a spacious sanctuary. Containing six stalls and six urinals, there is no shortage of commodes in this old-world paradise. The walls show off a myriad of mustard yellow and beige bricks, shining as though they were brand new. A slight chemical odor may make you bite your tongue at first, but this pungent smell is infinitely better than the stench of runny, beer-infused feces found at other bathrooms around campus.

https://badgerherald.com/banter/2015/09/30/craps-on-campus-the-stool-sanctuary-of-steenbock-memorial-library/

Possibly the best part about the bathroom is that just outside the entrance are three massive vending machines fully loaded with snacks and drinks of your liking. This allows a user to execute the fabled “munch n’ poo” maneuver, an achievement as enchanting as it is socially unacceptable.

The Agricultural Hall bathrooms are a perfect example of how to maintain the historical feel of a building while embracing the marvels of modern sanitation practices. The observation of proper commode hygiene is something many other campus buildings need to replicate (looking at you, Humanities).

Patrick Ronan/The Badger Herald

Specifics 

Traffic: Empty throughout day

Temperature: Warm and cozy

Stalls: Six

Cell Service: Good for both wifi and cellular data

Graffiti: None

Toilet Flush Mechanism: Manual lever

Toilet Paper: Sturdy one-ply sheets

Sinks: Three manual faucets

Hand Dryers: Air dryers only

Overall Rating: 4.75/5