Men’s basketball: Four-star recruit Kobe King commits to Badgers

2017 shooting guard ready to play at UW regardless who head coach is
Bo+Ryans+mens+basketball+program+landed+Wisconsins+top+player+in+the+2017+class.+
Herald File Photo
Bo Ryan’s men’s basketball program landed Wisconsin’s top player in the 2017 class.

The University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team added a potential cornerstone of the future Wednesday night.

Kobe King, a four-star shooting guard in the 2017 recruiting class, offered his verbal commitment to UW’s program.

King tweeted the news Wednesday evening.

http://twitter.com/KingKobe27/status/644292688691396608

An Instagram post from his club team, Wisconsin Playground Warriors, says King committed to play for Bo Ryan/Greg Gard, since Ryan announced during the summer that the 2015-16 season would be his last. However, recent reports allege that may not be the case. According to 247Sports.com, Gard led the recruiting of King.

King, a LaCrosse Central standout listed at 6-foot-3 and 175 pounds, is ranked as the top player in Wisconsin’s 2017 class, the 16th overall shooting guard in the nation and in the top-100 out of all positions, according to 247Sports.com.

King previously considered Iowa State, going on an unofficial visit to Aimes Aug. 6. King visited Madison last Saturday and committed Wednesday.