Reason, reason, reason, insanity

In response to “Count down to Olbermann’s irrelevant exit” by Ryan Masse:

O’Reilly is wildly conservative, but willing to attack both sides for the ratings. It’s the “Ann Coulter” style of commentary. Olbermann will adjust appropriately. They’re all opportunists, no matter how big the grains of truth they leave behind.

In response to “Pragmatism needs a voice in debate over gay rights” by Jason Smathers:

“The religious right cannot force their version of God’s will onto the public any more than homosexuals can demand the populace recognize or understand their love.” Seems to me like the religious right and small-to-moderate majorities are doing a whole lot of forcing.

In response to “Why our sheriff should get the ax” by Kyle Szarzynski:

People who come to this country illegally have made the conscious decision to take advantage of the many benefits and services available in our communities. In doing so, they have accepted the possibility that they will be deported. Any violotions [sic] of human dignity associated with deporting these individuals is a worthwhile concern, but there is no valid argument that the deportation itself is unwarranted or unforeseen by the people in question. Perhaps you could explain why illegal immigrants should be allowed full protection of the laws that benefit them while remaining immune to those that do not.

In response to “Proposition 8 exposes a new prejudice” by Laura Brennan:

First of all, there is nothing wrong with being anti-homosexual. It doesn’t make you a bigot, or any other flavor of the week leftist hate speech word. The argument of trying to compare alleged homosexual discrimination with that of the blacks is so flawed that I don’t even know where to begin. The fact of the matter is that homosexuality is wrong, plain and simple. Relationships are based on the hope that those involved will reproduce to keep the human species going. That obviously can’t happen with gays. I could write for hours and continue to provide facts that would allow me win this argument, but I’ve done it so many times with this paper that it is just old. The bottom line: homosexuality is wrong, unnatural, and is essentially human species mutation. Those who are don’t deserve equal rights or benefits because they aren’t humans like the rest of us, they are essentially mutants.